Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kindergarten Memory Quilt

So, I was thinking the other day that there will be a TON of stuff that I would want to keep from his school work. I was just thinking of how much space it would take up. I did read somewhere, where a mom would let her kids decorate pizza boxes and they would only save what would fit in the box each school year to cut down on clutter. Well, I also got a order form for a school t-shirt. So that got me thinking. Since we will only be at this school for half the year, I was going to go ahead and get the shirt. I am going to make a memory quilt for him. The t-shirt logo will be the center of it and I'll print off 1st day of school photos and scan in work he does to make the other squares of the quilt. It will be something that can be folded, rolled, etc and will be easy to move with.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I keep all of our "team" shirts for all of the soccer teams to make a quilt for my kids! I like the idea of scanning in their art work for school quilts! I may have to steal that idea :-)

EngineerHousehold6 said...

:-) You're more than welcome to "steal" the idea.