Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pictures From the Ice Storm

For some reason Photobucket doesn't like me. You'll have to click on the pictures to get the full picture. It's cutting most of them off.


Here are some of the pictures I took from the recent ice storm.

These are from around our house. If you go to the "Winter Storm" post below you can compare some of the pictures.


The above 2 are of the huge Blue Spruce tree we have beside the house. I'm surprised it didn't break any of the branches with the amount of ice it had on them.


This is the Japanese Maple tree.


Just a picture of the front yard. The cable hanging down is the cable/internet line that snapped off the pole.



The spruce tree branch is one with Tom's car. (Same cable line as noted above.) LOL That branch had to be cut from the tree.


Pictures from my parent's house.

Behind my parent's house. The top half of the cedar trees snapped off. We're hoping it didn't bend the back end of the tractor's trailer.


Blackberry vines covered in ice.


The huge tree branch barely missed the corner of the roof.


I just like the icicles hanging from the front.


Ice covering a burning bush.


Just to give you an idea of how much ice we had. The porch rail is about an inch thick. Tom had up to 4 inches of ice on his car.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crazy storm, huh? SOOOO glad that the next week is going to be A LOT warmer!!! About that chicken parm. I tell everyone about the recipe you posted a while back. I would love some if you get a chance, if not I can just go out to get the stuff and make it myself. It might be a few days though since I just went to the store yesterday. Walking around in the cold just isnt my cup of tea! How are you guys adjusting to Knox?