Sunday, February 8, 2009

Baby Quilt

So I found some Antique Peter Rabbit fabric and decided that is what I was going to make a good friend a baby blanket with. I love it so I ordered a bunch. LOL My friend is having her first and it's a boy. Now if you listen to "old wives tales" when alot of boys are born, we are going to go to war. I know a bunch of people who just had or is about to have boys... I'm hoping that it is wrong (though I have known it to be right in the past...oddly enough). Anyways, back to what I was talking about. I cut everything out yesterday and took maybe a total of 4 hours to sew, pin, iron, and repeat (getting up to check on Victoria several times). I made two mistakes. Now I'm not gonna tell anyone, but whoever tells me my two mistakes will win a basket full of cookies (their choice) along with some cute things I'll make.

Here's the picture:

3 comments:

Newmans Wildcats said...

Hallo! One of Kat's avid readers! Your blanket for her is beautiful and I hope you two have a great lunch together!!

EngineerHousehold6 said...

Thank you! This is for one of my friends in GA who is having her baby shower next week, but I was waiting to see what Kat's nursery looked like to try and match her theme. ;-) *whispers* But if she likes Peter Rabbit I have more of the same material. Just let me know. :-)

We did have a good lunch.

Unknown said...

I had a lot of fun today. It was nice to get out and get my mind off of my belly :) Your girls are beautiful and I am sure Gabriel is just as handsome. Let's make sure to do it again, and this time I will bring my munchkin! We can go eat somewhere that our picky husbands wouldn't take us :)