So we all caught what Gabriel brought home from school (upper respiratory infection) except Victoria. Well, I'll start out on Friday we took Victoria to her 2 week appt and when they were done looking at her I asked the guy to look at Katheryn's ears. One in particular because it had a bunch of wax in it. He says she has a little bit of fluid behind her right ear and the left (the one with wax) was a little red, but they aren't infected and it's nothing to worry about. So we let her soak her head in water when she took her bath and a little wax came out. Well, Monday Gabriel was getting worse and Katheryn was complaining about her ear (it had a bug in it...so she said). So we take them both to the ER to have them checked out. They gave Gabriel medicine and the same guy that did Victoria's appt was the one that saw them in the ER. Again he says that the right ear has fluid, but is ok and he could see the left ear drum and it looked ok. Nothing to worry about right? Well, about 10pm last night Katheryn woke up with a 103' temp and was hallucinating. So Tom takes her to the ER (which was taking forever and after 2+hours there were still 10 or so people ahead of them. So Tom comes home and the ER calls about 5:45am and asks about Katheryn. Apparently they didn't tell them her heartbeat was really fast and they were a little worried. So they get us an appt today with the clinic. Come to find out, she has an ear infection in BOTH ears and the right eardrum is bulging (enough that the doc said that we need to start her on antibiotics before it ruptures)! Ok how can it get that bad in a day?????
I really hate military doctors sometimes!
My Dad Has Anger Issues
4 years ago






4 comments:
I don't know if it is just military doctors. I had some horrible experiences with civilian doctors when Rob was deployed the first time (and we didn't live near a military base). Seems that doctors just think kids will bounce back from anything. The difference, I think, is that military doctors don't apologize for screwing up. They know you don't have a choice but to see them or pay big money to see somebody else. Civilian doctors WILL apologize if they screw up because they want you to come back to them! I hope you are all feeling better soon. Kids with ear infections are just pitiful :-(
Oh, I understand. I just haven't had this much trouble with any other doctor.
Tom made an appt when we first got here and there was a 28 day wait for an appt. When he finally had his appt the doc told him he didn't have time to talk about his problem and to make another appt. It's alot worse here than it was at Knox.
Well that's ridiculous! Complain! I got an OB nurse there assigned to desk duty because she was incredibly rude to me in a public forum (she looked down at me and told me I had to do "all sorts of extra social work paperwork" because I was dual military and wasn't planning on getting off of active duty -- in front of about ten other pregnant women)! Complain to the patient rights people -- it used to be on the first floor.
I keep telling him to, but you know how well men listen sometimes. I think he's just ready to get out of here.
Post a Comment