Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can't talk politics!

Well, as we were leaving post to go get dinner, Tom told me that his BN was not allowed to talk politics (specifically related to this election) during duty hours or in duty uniform. Why do you ask? Well, apparently two CPTs in a class behind his got into a fist fight during school over the Presidential candidates. Yes, you heard me right...a fist fight. Talk about setting a good example! Maybe they need to go back and take Officer 101 classes. LOL

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think it is in bad taste to talk politics in uniform anyway. Doesn't look too good to bad mouth the guy who will end up being commander in chief.

We don't talk politics around here. I was taught growing up that your voting preference is a private matter that shouldn't be shared. That is how I've always been. Share your opinion about an issue, but not taking party sides. Probably because I grew up forming opinions on both sides :-) I never felt pressured to be one or the other and got to make my own decision. Worked out pretty well, though my parents are of one party and all of the kids are another!