Friday, September 5, 2008

Sigh...

Well, I went to my 32 week appt today (even though I'm 33 weeks). I'll start with the good news. The baby is measuring good and is gaining weight and getting big (according to # of weeks along). Not so good news (I won't call it bad because it's not to the worrying stage yet), my blood pressure went up and I lost about half a pound. At my appt 4 weeks ago my blood pressure was 105/70 (my blood pressure usually runs low) and today it was 126/85 when she took it about 20 mins later it was 120/80. So now I need to keep an eye on other signs and I need to gain weight. So not only do I need to watch that, but I need to keep an eye on my contractions. If they don't go away after resting (which they are going away now when I lay down and rest) I'll need to go in. UGH! That's all I needed was one more thing to worry about! I'm just happy that the baby is doing good!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I had a couple of visits where my bp was elevated. They said not to worry unless it was a series of visits had elevated levels OR it was off the chart high. I could usually explain it away... "I had to park at the back of the parking lot and was already late so had to hussle up" or "Rob is in the field and I have three other kids to run around... of course it is high!". Rest up! You have to keep Victoria nice and snug for at least another month :-) Good luck!!