Well, my appt went well yesterday. I still have 4 weeks until my due date, but the midwife believes that I won't go another 2 weeks before I have the baby. I am almost 3 cms, 70%, and the baby is at the -2 station. The first thing out of the midwife's mouth when she went to check was "WOW! This baby's way down there." She also had the happy surprised look on her face. Which I could have told her because the baby likes to play poke the hip bones and lets try and poke our way out when mommy lays down to go to bed at night. She also told me that I didn't have to be on bedrest anymore and that I could go back to what I was doing beforehand because at this stage they aren't going to do anything to try and stop labor. She also said that the baby would be ok to stay at the hospital here without being transported to the NICU in Columbia (unless of course there was anything wrong with the baby's health). I feel so much better and my spirits are up. I think it's both the knowing that the baby will more than likely stay here with me after I have her and the fact I can go back to doing stuff. I'm excited! I hope that the baby can wait to come out until the evening of Oct 9th (since Tom will have a 4 day weekend), but as long as I can go another week then my mom can come up and help out (she's planning on coming up anyways, but the school system she works for has their fall break starting then).
I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. Ready to have the uncomforts of pregnancy over, but not ready to have 2 in diapers!
My Dad Has Anger Issues
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment