Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Num Nums in the dirt

Hehe couldn't resist the title (sounds alot more interesting than...My Garden). So I am going to go down to the farm store later today (hint to my military friends, they give 5% mil discount) and get some more posts so I can start my strings for my cucumber and to hold the trellis up for my tomatos. The kiddos love going there right now because they have chicks, baby ducks, and rabbits. They always ask though if we're going to buy some chickens and then I have to explain that we can't have chickens as pets in the Army, but after daddy gets out then we'll get some (we plan on buying alot of land then).

It still needs work, but eh it's good enough for what a preggo lady who isn't even allowed to vacuum can do. We have rabbits, so we put up a small garden fence around it because I didn't want anything to get eaten before we could.

I have heirloom German Queen and heirloom cherry tomatoes, green/red/banana peppers, Ozark Beauty Strawberries, cucumbers, Icebox watermelons, and blueberries. Still have a little bit of room so I don't know exactly what else to plant. LOL

Oh, I'd also like to add that I have to keep a VERY close eye on Tora. She has been known to bite worms in half and give you the remainder. I have to watch her more than I did Gabriel and Katheryn combined when they were 18 months. I only hope that this next one isn't as bad as all 3!

No comments: