Hello everyone,
I posted this on a couple sites and I wanted to put it here for those who aren't part of the same groups.
I was just thinking about this today. A Yahoo group I am a part of used to do a monthly get-together and I was just wondering any of you would be interested in doing that. Maybe one day out of the month we can get-together for lunch (kiddos invited of course!).
I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a quilt block exchange or? (Maybe we can exchange them at the monthly luncheon?) We'd need a few people to be interested in doing it for it to work. I had a couple ideas:
1. Quilt block exchange: My idea was to make 8 inch block with whatever design/color you like. Something that represents you. Then a coinciding white 8" square of material talking about yourself, signed, and e-mail address to go with the block for the back of the quilt.
2. Scrap Fabric Exchange: Everyone brings 1 or 2 (amount will be determined if we decide to do this) fat quarter size pieces of scrap fabric that you don't know what to do with and it is the person who receives it's job to make something interesting with it. This would be a 2 luncheon project.
3. Small Holiday Craft Exchange: Set price (say no more than $5) and you have to make something featuring the given holiday that month.
4. Kid Crafts: What is your best craft idea that you do with your kids? Maybe you could bring and example and instructions for everyone.
I'm sure we have tons of crafty people out there of all levels of experience. You might know how to quilt, but know nothing of crocheting. It will be a great way to teach others while we also get to know each other. Something we as Army Wives can pass on to the next base we go to.
Amanda
My Dad Has Anger Issues
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment