Ok so the first day went good. They only had four 3-bedroom houses for us to look at. We choose #3 because it was the lesser of the evils. LOL It has fresh paint, clean floors (no stains), everything just looked good, and it had a cleaner smell. Tuesday morning (day 2) however was a bit "interesting". Tom had to take Gabriel to the ER because he started throwing up and just didn't look good. Luckily he was ok and it really wasn't anything big. While they were there, we had a 4 to 5 ft black snake (we think it was either a black racer or black rat snake...both non-poisonous) slither up onto our back porch. EW! Needless to say, it's not going to bother us anymore. However, we are waiting to hear back from the work order we called in about having the landscape/shrubbery/mess taken out because there is a rabbit den there with at least 1 baby rabbit (maybe what the snake was up on the porch looking for?). Then Thursday night we had a pretty bad thunderstorm and we found out our roof has a leak. Luckily I saw it before Tom's electrical/computer stuff got too wet. So we called in a work order that night and then again Friday morning to check on it. Well they show up shortly after we called to "assess" the damage and then he tells us they'll be back later that day when it dries up to fix it. Well, they never came back. Ugh. It is calling for more rain and thunderstorms to hit today and tomorrow. So hopefully it doesn't get too wet.
So far I've met two of our neighbors. One of them her husband is in the same class date as Tom and the other has 2 kids as well (she also brought a plate of cookies and banana muffins). I also found out (by looking seeing our neighbor in the same duplex) that apparently American Eagle allowed retirees to live on post. That aggravates me a bit because I thought base housing was for Active duty or Activated Reserve/NG. If they had an excess of empty homes, I could understand, but as of yesterday they only had one 3-bedroom available. I don't believe it's right to allow them to take up the homes that our Active soldiers and their families should have priority to. After all, I thought that was the purpose of military housing.
It's been an adventure alright! Hopefully things will start to calm down. We have about half of our stuff unpacked and the other half is still in the trailer. Trying to get it done a little at a time. We will find out Monday if Tom is going to be in the first class or if he's been bumped to another class because they are currently overbooking his class.
My Dad Has Anger Issues
4 years ago






1 comment:
Welcome to FLW! The is April aka proud_army_wife from the Officer Family Portal. I am glad to hear that you all made it safely here and got a house. Once you get settled in let me know and we can get our kids together for a play date. I look forward to finally meeting you. PM me on the portal and I will get you my phone number!
Post a Comment