Sunday, June 8, 2008

Every Journey Begins with a Single Step.

Ok so this is my first post in here. I figured this would be interesting to start something to share with friends and family since we are going to be moving around alot. Somewhere for them to go to have a daily/weekly update on what's going on in the life of an Army Engineer family.

Well, today we're going to be packing the trailer up more for our move in 13 days. I'm both excited and nervous about it. Excited because we'll be traveling to a new base and 'exploring' the area. Tom will also be taking the next step in his career with the schools he will be going to. As everyone knows, Gabriel will be starting Kindergarten, the next baby is due Oct 23rd, and Katheryn will be growing like a weed. Sigh...I'm nervous because we won't have the grandparents to help with the kiddos especially with the new baby coming, but I believe it will help make us closer as a family. We'll have to rely on one another more.

Ugh, back to the packing. We finally got the trailer reweighed and empty so we're slowly packing furniture and such in. Hopefully today we'll be able to get double done what we did yesterday. I just dread it in this heat. 20 weeks pregnant in 90+ degree weather. Gotta remember to take breaks and rehydrate! I just wish that my sciatic nerve wasn't giving me problems so that I could help out a bit more. As of right now, I really can't lift anything w/o my maternity brace. Or really for that matter, I can't really lift anything heavier than a bottle of Cheer (which when it was full I had to get Tom to help me with laundry). I feel so useless right now because of it. I wish I could do more to help him out.

Well, I'm off to get some cardboard boxes set up and start throwing toys into it. Gabriel is going to hate that when he gets home and finds out his toys are packed. Oh well. I'll leave a small box out for him and Katheryn.

Ta Ta for now.

No comments: